Wednesday, April 29, 2009
This quilt was completed recently after a slow start of working with some discharged and hand-dyed fabrics without a plan or format in mind. After adding some batik fabrics, I assembled some blocks.
I cut the blocks into triangles and reorganized them into the 5 center squares.
I wanted to see if the overall composition would be more interesting if I substituted more of the discharged fabric in the center.
But I decided to stay with the design of all 5 similar blocks. The finished piece is approximately 52" square.
It was quilted on the long-arm machine with a gold/green variegated thread in a random design of interlocking squares.